- August 13, 1996 - Official APBA Points Standings
- August 12, 1996 - Palm Beach County Offshore Grand Prix - Official Final Results
- August 10, 1996 - Palm Beach County Offshore Grand Prix - Banker takes Offshore B despite a last minute change in plans.
- July 27-28, 1996 - Chesapeake Challenge - Zerodefect wins Open by 8 seconds over Spirit of Texas, in Modified Spirit of Texas retires on second to last lap giving the win to Hot N Nasty,while in Offshore C Harrahs beats out Zero Gravity by 16 seconds.
- July, 1996 - Pennzoil Offshore Racing Team debuts on the Internet.
- July 21, 1996 - Sandusky - Divisional recap and results.
- July 21, 1996 - Sandusky - Nuff Respect wins by half a lap over Alcone Motorsports in a hard fought race.
- July 20, 1996 - Sandusky - Jaws Invitational on the ground report.
- July 19, 1996 - Sandusky - Jaws Invitational a first look.
- July 7, 1996 - Nuff Respect with Bobby Moore on the throttles and Jim Robinson driving, reels in Alcone Motorsports during the last 1/3mile of the Sarasota Offshore Grand Prix to take first place in Superboat.
Zerodefect wins Open by a large margin, and Spirit of Texas (aka Carlos and Charlies) wins Modified.
- July 6, 1996 - Baby wins AX class, Phantaseas takes Offshore A
- July 5, 1996 - Baby establishes an APBA record of 99.178 M.P.H. for AX class. - Update for July 5, 1996
- July 4, 1996 - Zerodefect officially opens their Web site, www.zerodefect.com, to the public.
- July 4, 1996 - Daily Update from the Suncoast Offshore Grand Prix
- June 12, 1996 - Fountain Powerboats To Sponsor APBA Offshore National Series
- June 12, 1996 - Implementation of Temporary "AX" Class
- June 9, 1996 - Alcone Motorsports wins Miami Super Boat Grand Prix.
Conch Attack in accident - all involved are OK.
- June 4, 1996 - Harms Sends a Hurricane to Miami to Restore Haimes Winning Ways
- June 4, 1996 - Important Notice for the Divisional / Dennis Kaiser Invitational Offshore Event
- June 2, 1996 - MerCruiser Class One Power Dominates U.S. Offshore Field
- June 2, 1996 - Hooters Ft. Myers Beach Offshore Grand Prix - Results
- May 26, 1996 - Geneva-on-the-Lake Results and Recap by Kris Konicky
- May 26, 1996 - Results from the Cellular One Offshore in Puerto Rico
- May 19, 1996 - Results from the Ocean Spray Dana Point Offshore Grand Prix
- May 19, 1996 - Nuff Respect lead the Key West Grand Prix from start to finish for first overall and first in Superboat. Alcone Motorsports and Sloppy Joes finished a distant second and third respectively.
- May 12, 1996 - Zerodefect won Open Galveston race by a large margin, Carlos n Charlies dominated Modified, while Reggie Fountain and Mark Nemschoff won the both the Saturday and Sunday races for Offshore A honors in their FB Design rigid inflatable Baby.
- March 19, 1996 - Skater and Fountain introduce new boat to be raced by Banker Racing
- March 10, 1996 - Accident in Auckland... Graeme Horne in critical condition, Rique Ford and Tony Banks are recovering.
- In Rememberance, Jessop "Jay" Smith - October 23, 1933 to January 17, 1996
- January 1996 - The Offshore Powerboat Racing Homepage is featured with a "screen shot" in the print edition of the 1996 New Riders Official WWW Yellow Pages
Back to the Offshore Powerboat Racing Homepage